Monday, December 7, 2009

so maybe sixteen really is unbearable


I tried so hard to ignore the three years, I mean who's says we can't be equal? You only really seem to see me in a state of chaos. For some unknown reason, I love to spill my heart out to you. You just seem to understand in a way no one else does. You claim it was this hard for you at my age too, but you don't show it in the least. You've grown to be such a wise, understanding individual .. and a little mysterious I suppose <3 Simple words of reassurance from you mean something to me unlike those of others. Your opinions influence my decisions so much more than the other people around me.
So what made you grow out of this "sixteen year old stage?" You say understanding comes with time. I listen with so much faith and belief in what you say, so what makes me not believe you this time around? Will I ever be able to have a conversation with you in which I completely understand how your past is so relatable to the days I'm living in? In so many ways I want to have your mentality; to understand your point of view, feel how you feel, and understand the impossible. But in the same breath, I enjoy being amazed by you. I value your guidance and advice, the sense of being a "little one."
Why is it so easy for me to trust you? I mean all I've ever really been is hurt by the people I love. You give me a sense of comfort and peace in situations I wouldn't have been able to find on my own. But for some reason, instead of being the protective, shy sensitive person I've always been, you bring out my opposite. I wish you understood how much I analyze what you say, what you think is the right thing to do. Free of pressure, but full of understanding. I wish I understood why it's so easy for you to understand me.
So I guess for once, three years is okay. Maybe I'm alright with being the little one and accepting the advice instead of giving it. Forever young and moderately naive doesn't always hurt, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers