Sunday, November 15, 2009

you call it unconditional; i'll say it's a lie

So maybe we don't see one another as much as we used to, but that doesn't mean I'm not always going to be there for you. Like the time when I told you I don't even look at myself the same anymore, but you continued to speak only of yourself & your own problems. I've known you forever & all you've ever been is honest. Then why don't you listen to me when I tell you your only going to hurt yourself yet again? You always know what to do & make yourself out to be so invincible & wise. If you listened, you'd know that I can't even analyze my own thoughts & emotions. You make the world out to be so black & white; How do you already know the all the answers? I wake up every morning with the same questions installed in my mind. Why can't I stand up for what I believe in like you do? If I knew what I believed in, do you think I'd be this perplexed? I told her you were my rock, you know the one I go to for the most impartial, outright opinions. Why can I always tell you how to solve your problems, but when I try to figure it out for myself I'm nothing but flustered? Someday I'm going to have the courage to speak to the world the way you do. What do you see in me that is so damn admirable? I don't know what I'd do without you.


Why can't the rest of them see me the way you do? Why can't I be what you think I am? Why is it so hard for you to see the real me? Why won't you listen to me when I tell you the truth? Self centered & arrogant. Vindictive & overbearing. Irrational & sentimental. Obdurate & infatuated. Petrified & diffident. You are outspoken; You've been detrayed. You are me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers