Friday, July 30, 2010

P-U-N-K


I wish I was still completely naive to the evils of the world. I want to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy. I want to have a boyfriend from my Kindergarten class. I want to spend the summer holding my breath for as long as I can in filtered swimming pools and yelling "Mommy, watch this!" as I jump off the diving board. I want to put on fake make up, sunglasses, boas, and high heels and strut like I'm a princess. I want to eat mac and cheese and hot dogs for lunch everyday. I want to believe that life is lived day to day and what is in front of me today will be with me tomorrow. I want to be open hearted to individuals coming into my life for the first time.

I'm becoming amazed at the way children live and how precious it really is to be a kid. No one else is the world is as accepting and compassionate as the little one that have become a huge part of my life, especially lately. I want her to stay little forever and realize that there's nothing brilliant or spectacular to growing up. I want her to laugh hysterically when I tickle her and chase her around the house. I want her to tell me loves me and even when I feel like my world has been turned upside down. I want her to always run and jump to hug me whenever I see her. I love the way she whispers in my ear to rub to belly as she's falling asleep snuggling with the same blanket as I am. I'm so thankful to have such a beautiful little girl in my life even when she is a punk. It's almost impossible to say thank you for everything she's taught me just by being herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers